Tools Search Main Menu

Visa Information for Canadian Citizens

Under current immigration rules, most Canadian citizens are not required to apply for a physical visa stamp in their passport to travel to the United States. This is true for Canadians traveling under all UR-sponsored visa categories. When crossing the border, however, you should carry all documents that would be required during a visa interview for your intended status.

Other fees, including the I-901 SEVIS Fee for F-1 and J-1 travelers and the ESTA fee for travelers under the Visa Waiver Program, will still apply to Canadian citizens.

Landed Immigrants in Canada, who have not obtained citizenship, are still required to obtain the appropriate US visa for their activities here.

If you have questions about whether you are personally subject to any visa requirements, please contact a US Consulate in Canada and visit the US Department of State website for more information.