International Student Orientation Program (ISOP)
The International Student Orientation Program (ISOP) meetings are designed to provide essential information on maintaining your valid F-1 or J-1 non-immigrant status while in the U.S. and other important details about life at the University and in Rochester. Attendance is mandatory for new international students throughout all UR divisions.
Topics to be covered during ISOP include:
- ISO services and programs for UR international students
- Immigration regulations & requirements to maintain legal student status
- Employment authorization options under F-1 & J-1 regulations
- U.S. tax obligations and important legal concerns
- Traveling within the U.S. and abroad
- Cultural adjustment issues, student life, and classroom expectations
- Social activities co-sponsored with Rochester Global Connections (RGC)
F-2 and J-2 dependents are welcome to attend ISOP. Dependents will also be invited to join a special Dependent Orientation meeting to learn about their status and opportunities available to them in the Rochester area.