Tools Search Main Menu

Student Work Permissions

International students are permitted to engage in US employment during and after their studies only with specific permission. It is extremely important to obtain appropriate and documented authorization BEFORE you begin any type of employment activity.

Unauthorized employment is a violation of your immigration status and carries serious consequences. Your personal eligibility for the employment options detailed below depends on your visa category, individual permissions, and University policy.

General Information and Related Links

F-1 Student Permissions:

J-1 Student Permissions: